PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The IED Fabricator will fabricate IEDs and unexploded ordnance (UXO) training aids for use by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Hazardous Devices School (HDS) instructors and students during practical problems exercises.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fabricate IEDs and UXO training aids for use by instructors and students during practical problem exercises.
- Assist instructors in setting up training exercises.
- Assist instructors and curriculum design specialists in researching IED storyboards and designing new IED training aids based on current real-world intelligence and events.
- Assemble ordnance training aids with rendering safe procedures and disposal task utility.
- Assist instructors and curriculum design specialists with writing scenarios based on current tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) incorporating an understanding of IED/UXO functioning while implementing weapons technical intelligence and tactical forensic exploitation into training tasks and devices.
- Assist in the proper transport and storage of IED training devices, materials, equipment, and supplies in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and explosives site safety plans.
- Maintain accountability of issued HDS training aid inventory, equipment, supplies, and materials. Maintains knowledge of current IED TTPs, trends in the use of commercial and homemade explosives, and trends in the use of chemical, biological, and nuclear explosive threats.
- May serve as Primary or Assistant Instructor for blocks of instruction, as needed.
- May assist in explosives-related research projects being conducted under the direction of the FBI.
- Active Top Secret clearance required; Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or a GED; Bachelor or Graduate Degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, a clinical laboratory science, industrial safety, electronics engineering, or similar science/engineering discipline or Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or similar discipline (may include Executive MBA or related programs) preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or a GED; Bachelor or Graduate Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in chemistry, biology, clinical laboratory science, industrial safety, electronics engineering, or similar discipline preferred.
- Minimum five years of recent operational experience as either a HDS Certified Public Safety Bomb Technician and certified bomb squad member or certified Federal bomb technician; or Active-Duty Military Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technician/Specialist; Ten years of experience is preferred.
- Minimum five years of recent operational experience as either a Specialist or HDS Certified Public Safety Bomb Technician/Active-Duty Military EOD Technician and certified bomb squad member or a certified Federal bomb technician; Ten years preferred.
- Ability to maintain and operate various machine and hand woodworking and metalworking tools used to fabricate IED and UXO training devices, e.g., lathe, band saw, 3-D printer.
- Experience ordering, storing, handling, assembling, and managing materials, supplies, and components used to fabricate IED and UXO training devices, in accordance with applicable health and safety rules and regulations.
- Experience in dealing with IED components and performing reverse engineering for training use.
- Master or Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge preferred.
- Experience providing formal classroom instruction to adult learners in a structured academic setting and using a formal program of instruction/curriculum (e.g., community college, college, university, professional training institute, or government training program) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competent in Windows OS and Microsoft Office, operating an IBM-style microcomputer and utilizing computer databases.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing approximately 80 lbs.
- Ability to drive and operate a motor vehicle, forklift, and other warehouse equipment.
- Ability to meet minimum physical/medical requirements (standard qualifications based on recommendations by the National Bomb Squad Commanders Advisory Board).
- Hazardous Devices School, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your start date. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to present proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Health and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
Workers Compensations benefits
401k retirement plan
*Not an exhaustive list
ZP is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.