Support the Department of Defense Research, Development, Test and Evaluation efforts by performing analog and digital Radio Frequency (RF) design and analysis of various circuits to determine device theory of operations, functionality, and technical characteristics. Leverage expertise and available resources to determine operational theory, capabilities, and limitations of candidate devices Analyze and perform non-destructive examination of devices to identify components and circuit schematics, and to obtain an understanding of any embedded firmware/software and then replicate device electrical and mechanical construction.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform RF, digital and analog electronic circuit and software analysis to determine device theory of operation, functionality, and technical characteristics.
- Analyze and perform non-destructive examination of devices to identify components and circuit schematics and to obtain any embedded firmware and software. Prepare schematics and bills of material for device construction.
- Perform Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) and Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing of force Protection Systems and threats in an anechoic chamber.
- Manage library of electronic devices, including: inventory management, check-in/check-out, engineering level maintenance, and lifecycle replacement. This section is identified as mission essential contractor services in support of mission essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of five years of hardware design experience including the design and construction of radio frequency (RF), digital and analog electronic circuits, and assemblies.
- US Department of Defense TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of microcontroller (e.g. PIC) software and firmware and familiarity with microcontroller design environments.
- Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools for schematic capture and printed wiring board layout.
- Proficient in circuit board construction, assembly, and repair, including excellent soldering skills.
- Proficient in light mechanical assembly using hand and simple power tools.
- Proficient with electrical and electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, pulse generators, and basic shop equipment.
- Proficient with RF testing equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators and basic RF components such as couplers, combiners, attenuators, etc.
- Proficient with troubleshooting and repairing electronic devices.
- Experience in developing and running Automated Test Environments for electronic devices
- Possess knowledge of operations and components used in unmanned remote-controlled platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Successful candidates must possess excellent problem-solving skills, a high degree of initiative, organization, and time management skills are mandatory.
- Work may be performed in an indoor or outdoor environment, office, and on occasion, deployment to remote test sites; both continental United States (US), and on occasion, outside the US. Deployments from the test facility are typically no longer than one to two weeks in nature and well planned out ahead of time.
- Worksite is rudimentary, clothing is typically relaxed business casual, and occasional formal attire may be required for briefings/meetings and will be specified by supervisors in advance.
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your start date. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to present proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Health and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
Workers Compensations benefits
401k retirement plan
*Not an exhaustive list
ZP is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.