Full-time, on-site contract support to the US Navy providing coordination and execution of curriculum development, training activities, and evaluation/certification events. Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to Navy EOD for organizing, managing, and delivering effective classroom, laboratory, and practical instruction in unique tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for specific Special Operations support and SOF Counter-WMD operations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) instruction in a dynamic field where technical materiel and tactics are constantly evolving to meet real world threats and scenarios.
- Plan, organize, manage and conduct effective classroom, laboratory and practical instruction in support of Special Operations Forces Units C-IED and WMD Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for assigned division in establishing, facilitating and evaluating C-IED and WMD classroom training and practical exercises.
- Provide experienced base guidance and oversight of resources; role players, equipment training aids. Provide support for complex multi-divisional and SOF enterprise-wide training schedules and objectives to accommodate customer training needs.
- Support the development of material and procedural solutions for emerging and/or unresolved CBRN-E related threats.
- Facilitate effective communication and information exchange between all elements of the US Navy SOF EOD force structure related to support of Joint Special Operations Forces mission areas.
- Proctor US Navy EOD SOF ULT National Laboratory blocks of instruction.
- Be required to travel during the evenings and weekends (20% of hours worked)
- Be able to work in a classroom environment with willingness to teach, instruct and mentor students.
- Maintain physical fitness.
- MUST HAVE 5 years of operational EOD experience supporting the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) OR the Combat Applications Group (CAG) OR the 3rd Operational Support Group OR the GCC Crisis Response Forces (CRF) OR the CWMD Assessment and Response Team (CART)
- TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Graduate of the U.S. Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal (NAVSCOLEOD).
- Qualified as a Master Training Specialist or demonstrate ten years of equivalent specialized training and evaluating.
- Thorough working knowledge of isotope transportation, storage, handling, practical exercise usage and accountability.
- Must have a valid US driver's licenses and eligible for US passport.
- Meet the requirements of the Lautenburg Act (Title 18, USC Section 922(g)(9) to handle Arms, Ammunition and Explosives.
- Able to pass an ionization physical IAW NAVMED P5055.
- Able to qualify as a Radiation Worker IAW Naval Sea Systems Command S0420-AA-RAD-010 Rev 1A
- Able to perform duties dressed in SOF Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Able to certify in the assigned CIN no later than four months after reporting on board
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your start date. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to present proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Health and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
Workers Compensations benefits
401k retirement plan
*Not an exhaustive list
Zero Point is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.